Friday 11 March 2011

Collecting colour

So I managed to keep the cats off the sketchbook long enough to actually do some work in their last night, and I have started compiling my 'collecting colour' pages. (Apologies for the sideways photo - blogger doesn't seem to like the file size and I don't have photo imaging software on the computer I'm working from as I write this post to change it - as this is just another chatter post I figured it wouldn't matter too much for now).I've decided to put a two page spread in my sketchbook for each of the focus colours. On the left is the colour gradients made from the torn magazine pieces I collected, also on this page are a few words and first thoughts that jumped in to my head when thinking about the colour. On the right are a few 'green' images that I found that attracted me for one reason and another. These are pulled from magazines and also my own photography collection. Green has turned out to be a pretty complete page straight away, but some of the other colours are less so, they are still works in progress.I'll be adding more images, thoughts and words to any pages where I have gaps as I find them in the coming days and weeks.

I'm almost done with the colour pages - at least they are done as far as I can take them for now. My next step is going to be putting together some more general inspiration images and resources. I'm planning on concentrating on general colour images, images that have something to do with line, images that have a connection in some way to triangles (as I know this is coming up later in the module), and I also have an idea for a couple of pages which specifically have images from a local landmark that I'm hoping might become a focus for ideas and inspiration as the module progresses.......but you'll have to come back later to find out more about these things as they are all just germs of ideas at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment