Thursday 1 September 2011

Stitching a Rainbow

The last couple of evenings I've been working on a new prairie sample inspired by this beautiful rainbow that appeared in the sky during a rain shower at the weekend
I don't think it's amazingly clear in this second shot but it arched right over the whole street, amazingly beautiful.
My sample didn't go exactly to plan.  I wanted to attempt to make large prairies but I made the mistake of selecting a wide zig zag stitch which started to pull in the fabric.  The calico strip shrunk to about half the size, and this in turn made the stitched strip very thick and difficult to turn into neat points.  I may have failed in my goals with this one, but I still love the rainbow inspired theme.

2 comments:

  1. You've learned how the fabric reacts to the stitching, which will be invaluable the next time you do this. Great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rainbow photo. You don't know how stitching will turn out until you try

    ReplyDelete