Monday 12 September 2011

Confirmation of my madness

OK so I know it's been a week since I posted here which is a bit slack, but 'real' life has been really busy and I haven't had too much time to blog.  That doesn't mean that I've been totally idle though, as I've been busy stitching away on my prairie points experimenting with a couple of different types of fabric.  I won't put all the details here yet, you'll get to see all when I manage to finish the chapter and post the pictures of all my work book pages.

I know you all think I'm pretty loopy anyway and I wish I could prove you wrong but I'm sure what I'm about to say will surely only serve as confirmation of my madness.  All the while I've been stitching these points I've had this song rattling round in my head

I just haven't been able to get it out, substitute 'coconuts' for 'prairie points' and you'll see what I mean.  

I had some bits of stitched fabric left over from all of my stitching samples and figured I'd make one last sample as a bit of fun.
 
I stitched a band of fabric with some of those lyrics and then added some of my left over points.  Now I know it's a whole mess of different colours and as a sample doesn't really hold together that well, but I wanted to have a little play with the idea of layering the points and also using points of various sizes in the same piece.

I'm happy that I took the time to play with these ideas and now feel ready to move on and start developing ideas for the first resolved piece of the course.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the way a song can take you off on a mad tangent Angela.....often a great way to kick in the creativity isn't it.....and your loverly-bunch-of-prairie-points look very perky and fun! only problem is now I have that silly song stuck in my head too! keep having fun, are you seeing prairie points everywhere? I found the world was full of them after awhile....
    cheers, glen
    glensbirdonawire.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your prairie points

    We had a record player very like the one in the video when I was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete