I sat down last night and made a list of some of the things that I could get on with while waiting for Jemimah to get back from the shop. Actually when I look through the remaining chapters in the module there should be quite a lot I can do with Beatrice, particularly if I bend the rules a bit.
I've been putting off chapter six and the prairie points as the guidance calls for the use of automatic pattern stitches and I don't have those on Beatrice. But I figure she does have a few variations on zigzag and straight so I'd probably have enough variety to start playing with prairies, experimenting with different sizes, threads fabrics etc. And maybe I'll start to get a feel for and develop some ideas for the resolved piece (I can go back and add the pattern variations to the mix when Jemimah gets back)
So that's just where I decided to start today.We've had one of those sunny/cloudy days today and as Dave decided he was going to do some work in the garden I thought I'd drag Beatrice outside again too. (Yay for bank holidays!) I didn't want to be taking a lot of things up and down the stairs from the sewing room to the garden, so decided just to go with a limited colour palette for the first experiment. As you can see I grabbed the bucket of blue threads.This afternoon I've whiled away a couple of hours stitching in between being nabbed by Dave to put a couple of raised bed frames together for the veg and flower gardens next year! I've got two stitched strips now. If I'm lucky I might find some time after cooking tea to get my first lot of prairie's made :) Wish me luck.