This morning I was out busying myself in the sunshine in the garden in the constant fight against weeds. But the rain has been coming down here this afternoon so I've had an excuse to concede this battle to the weeds and instead have spent an enjoyable couple of hours at the machine finishing the final pieces for chapter eight.
First I got to making stitched versions of some of the marks I made in my fun play session with ink at the beginning of the week.I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical that any of the blobs and scratches that I'd made would translate in to anything decent in stitch, but actually I'm really surprised and happy with the results. Plenty of food for thought and potential to develop ideas in the future I think.
The final exercise of the chapter was about exploring some emotions. Here are the sketched and stitched versions side by side.Some work a lot better than others but again it was a really interesting exercise. It's quite surprising the variety you can get with a few simple stitches really.I'm now faced with a bit of a dilemma as Jemimah is not back from her second trip to the repair shop - no surprises there. I have three chapters left in the module 6, 9 and 10. So I am going to have a good look through them all this evening to see what bits I'm able to get on with in the meantime using Beatrice.