Wednesday 24 August 2011

Ink splats

It wasn't only stitching that I got up to in the garden on Monday. I probably looked like a total loon running round the house and garden gathering up a whole menagerie of mark makers.Then the real fun began as I got to go wild with the ink pot.What amazing fun it is dipping anything and everything you have to hand in ink and then going for a wander across a blank page.
I don't think I've had this much arty, messy, fun since play school :) Thinking about it play school was probably the last time I got any praise for anything I drew or painted so I lost the enjoyment as I got older. Sadly the majority of the art teachers I had at school weren't very encouraging to those of us in the class with limited drawing ability.

1 comment:

  1. Love your mark making. I had (have) limited drawing ability it is so frustrating. Art teachers I had seemed to think anyone could draw if only they tried hard enough. Well I couldn't even though I tried!

    ReplyDelete