Friday, 1 April 2011

Module One Chapter One - Transfer Painting

After a lot of hard work yesterday I am finally able to upload the pages from my sketchbook on the work I've been doing on transfer painting. (If you click on the images you should be able to get larger images if you want to read my ramblings on the page).

It feels like it's been a huge amount of work to get all of this done, and I've spent a lot of time experimenting with the technique. Not everything has been successful but it's all in the book regardless of whether I like the results or not.

I have to say I'm really happy that I managed to find some satin fabric as I feel a lot happier about my results with the technique and am a point where I'm now happy to move on.

I'm about 2 weeks behind the little timetable that I set for myself, but I didn't realise how involved in this first chapter I would get. There are still so many more things that I could have done, both for my colour and image work and the transfer painting. But there does come a point where you have to draw the line and mark it as done, and I'm happy enough with the work I've done for this first chapter to say that point is now.

On to Chapter Two.....

No comments:

Post a Comment