Monday 5 March 2012

In the style of Cefyn Burgess - part two

Straight back on the horse, well er the sewing machine, after yesterday's disaster, for another attempt at working in the style of Cefyn Burgess.

A couple of weeks ago my lovely colleagues bought me some flowers to celebrate 10 years at my place of work, they have lasted really well and are only just getting to the point of needing to go to the garden recycle bin :)  So before the petals disappeared completely I thought I'd do another kind of recycling with them first.

My composition.
 My sketch
 Translation in to stitch
Much better than the first attempt, yay!  The lines are a lot cleaner and less heavy, and I've managed to get the proportions slightly better, though that is still something I need to concentrate and work on.

I don't think I will have time to get another complete piece done tomorrow night, but I will at least make a start.

2 comments:

  1. That's a tricky composition and you've done really well with it. Imagine raw-edge applique leaves and flowers, so the stems would disappear underneath them: it would work really well with this combination. This is really lovely and I thought you said you couldn't draw - you're doing a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a day makes! Great progress

    ReplyDelete